Azat Miftakhov was born on March 22, 1993 in Tatarstan, in the city of Nizhnekamsk.
He took part in the 2008 All-Russian Mathematics Olympiads for Schoolchildren in 9th grade and was ranked 19th over all Russia. In 2009, when in 10th grade, he was ranked 20th in the olympiads.
Azat Miftakhov entered the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics of Moscow State University in 2010 and graduated in 2015 with a bachelor’s degree from Moscow State University with honors.
He became a graduate student of Moscow State University at the Department of Theory of Functions and Functional Analysis in 2015 and began to specialize in stochastic processes related to probability theory. His PhD supervisor is Professor Vladimir Bogachev.
Azat Miftakhov gave talks at the following conferences.
- St. Petersburg Winter Youth Conference on Probability Theory and Mathematical Physics, December 24-26, 2018. Talk “Differential properties of semigroups and estimates of distances between stationary diffusion distributions”
- International Conference “Topological methods in dynamics and related topics”, January 3-6, 2019 in Nizhny Novgorod. Talk “Differential properties of semigroups and estimates of distances between stationary distributions of diffusion processes”
Azat Miftakhov wrote the following (pre-)publications.
- Bogachev, V. I.; Miftakhov, A. F. On weak convergence of finite-dimensional and infinite-dimensional distributions of random processes. Theory Stoch. Process. 21 (2016), no. 1, 1–11.
- Berezin, S.; Miftakhov, A.F. On barycenters of probability measures. Bull. Pol. Acad. Sci. Math. 68 (2020), no. 1, 11–20.
- Miftakhov, A.F., Modulus of continuity for a martingale sequence, arXiv:2012.04962.